Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Week in Pictures

I thought I would use pictures this week instead of rambling on in paragraph form...




This week I started Zumba and Body Pump. I love the instructors and classes so far. I was definitely sore all week but I just kept going! I can't wait to see the changes!

FRIDAY

Friday night was the 317th maintenance awards banquet. Sean was put in charge of planning the whole thing so it was definitely a stressful night for him. I think it went really well and we had a lot of fun! Proud of all the "knucklebusters" that earned awards that evening! 

SATURDAY


Saturday we woke up and went to Sweetwater, TX for the Rattlesnake Roundup. It's one of those things everyone says "you have to do once." It was raining on the way and a little bit when we got there, but it turned out to be a pretty day! 


I "held" a rattlesnake! Thankfully it had just been "milked". They use the venom for research. This made me feel like a true Texan. ...now I just need to learn to shoot a gun and I will fit right in!


They skin the dead rattlesnakes to eat the meat, and make things out of the skins. People dip their hands in the rattlesnake blood and make a print on the wall. It is safe to say that Sean and I were a little culture shocked!


Saturday night I went a played bunco with my co-workers and some other wonderful ladies! Bunco is a dice game that is really big in Texas. I'd never heard of it before moving here but it is a lot of fun! The night was St. Patrick's Day themed so we all wore green. Can't wait to maybe host one at my house!

SUNDAY

Sunday at the Christy household means laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, and cuddling on the couch with our pups! I love this picture of Braxton that Sean snapped while he was on his lap! He is going to get groomed Thursday, this little guy needs a bath and cut ASAP!

Until next week,
Mrs. Christy



1 comment: