Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring Break

So this week was Spring Break for all of Abilene, which means the Youth Center was open all day and I got lots of hours! This week was a lot of fun because we had themes each day, so I got to dress up a lot! The kids got to go to the zoo and the movies, we watched lots of movies, played the Wii, etc. It was a fun week, but I am glad things are going back to normal tomorrow. Normal meaning I get to take naps. ;)

This week was also special because it was my BIRTHDAY! I had a wonderful 1st birthday as a Christy! Sean said it sounded creepy for me to put it like that, he said let him know when it's my 18th birthday as a Christy. Sean and I went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and Coldstone for dessert. My coworkers brought me gifts, a balloon, one little girl brought me an owl cup!, and lots of little hand-made cards. My favorite gift was the amazing bouquet of flowers Sean brought to me at work! It was a great day.


Thursday I didn't go to work because I was having my final thyroid tests run at the hospital. I had to be there at 7:15am to take a pill, then go back at 2:15 to have my thyroid scanned and the uptake level assessed. We will see this Wednesday at my doctors appointment what all the tests show. 

Friday was a special day for us and Sean's friends because we welcomed home a friend who has been deployed for 6 months. It's crazy to think about all that changes in 6 months and what it must feel like to come home after being gone that long. We went to Seafood Tavern and then Bar 14. We are so glad to have him home!

Saturday Sean and I ran errands for most of the day. We also looked at bedroom furniture! I want a bedroom set SO bad, but with all the cuts they are making in the government we decided we should wait a little while before we make a big purchase. The tuition assistance cuts are definitely hitting close to home since Sean just started his online MBA program at Oklahoma State University. Out-of-state tuition at a major university wasn't exactly in our monthly budget! We went and saw The Incredible Burt Wonderstone and got frozen yogurt before heading home. 

Well I just gave Sean a haircut so I'm off to change into my PJs and get to sleep.

Have a great week!
Mrs. Christy


P.S. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Here is our green meal I made for dinner! Looks gross but tasted great!




No comments:

Post a Comment